- Do I try to handle some things on my own, never asking God for help? Yup.
- Have I been pleased as punch with myself over a recent accomplishment? nod up and down.
- Do I sometimes tune out certain lessons, devotionals, sermons, even Scripture passages because I’ve already got that one down pat? Mmm humm.
- Do I start formulating my especially well-crafted and wise answers to other people’s arguments, questions, or points while they are still expressing them to me? Hmmm.
- Am I confident in my faith, more because I have such great faith than because I have a great God? I’ll have to get back to you on that one.
- Do I often tell God, in maybe not quite these same words, just how blessed He is to have me? Especially considering all the attention He has to give to some other people who just don’t seem to have the same learning curve I do? Oh boy.
How do you go about confronting sin in your own life? How do you hold the mirror up to your life, look in it honestly, and deal with what you see?