Life has been a little out of whack lately because my husband’s back has been extremely out of whack. Turns out he has a couple of ruptured discs and may be looking at surgery very soon. That’s why this past week I spent a lot of time looking at books and magazines in waiting rooms (ER, neurosurgeon’s office, MRI office, pharmacists, etc.) instead of looking at my computer screen in my office. Oh well… God is in control.
That’s why this morning I’m going with the passage I read from Psalms, with the hope that it will jump start my day onto a better track. I know it will because God moves in when we praise Him! And He is worthy to be praised!
- I will praise Jehovah-jireh because He has provided all our needs, including good friends, a trustworthy doctor, money to pay for medicine (since there’s been a glitch with our insurance), and compassionate EMTs who started a morphine drip here at the house before transporting James to the ER.
- I will praise El Elyon because we can trust that He is still in control when everything else feels out of control. He has not been taken by surprise with any of our latest events.
- I will praise Jehovah-shalom because He has given us peace in the whirlwind.
- I will praise Jehovah-rapha because He alone is able to heal James’ back. Oh how we need Him!
- I will praise Jehovah-shammah because He has certainly been with us every step of the way. I know He was with me as I drove back and forth to Tucson with my carsick passenger several times.
- I will praise El Roi because He knew what was wrong with James’ back even before the MRI showed it to the doctor. He is the God Who Sees and when can trust Him to see all that we are going through.
- I will praise El Shaddai because He is sufficient to carry our burden, to ease our pain, to give us strength, and to grant us rest. He is more than enough.
Praise God from whom all blessings flow. He is good.