I realize that a few folks may have dropped by here the last day or two and wondered where in the world I was.
A very few folks.
It’s true that I haven’t posted since Tuesday. And while I don’t have any great excuses, I thought I’d just use today to catch you up on what I’ve been doing over the past few days. These impressive activities are in no particular order, but they begin with sometime Wednesday since that’s when I disappeared from the blog radar. Once you see what I’ve been up to, you’ll undoubtedly excuse my absence.
So here goes.
- I prepared fajitas for my family Wednesday night. That takes two bags: one full of frozen fajita meat (Target brand) and one full of frozen peppers and onions. Sandra Lee has nothing on me. Forget Semi-Homemade. I’ve got Not-at-All-Homemade mastered.
- I visited my daughter’s teachers at Meet the Teacher night at her high school. For the first time in six years I talked one of my kids into going through their schedule with me so I wouldn’t have to go alone. Abby accompanied me to her first five classes and each one of the teachers invited parents to come anytime they wanted to sit in on a class. One teacher even went on and on about how he’s invited parents to come to class for years and no one ever has. Abby was appalled by these invitations. I told her that her English teacher obviously really wants a parent to come to class and I may just have to go to school with her one day since I received invitations from all of her teachers. She is very nervous right now.
- I picked up my husband from the airport last night. He had been in Indonesia for 10 days teaching at a seminary there. Of all things, he was teaching the Indonesians, via a translator, a course entitled “Cross-Cultural Evangelism.” Do you see the humor in that? But he said it went really well. I didn’t publicize my husband’s trip on my blog because I flatter myself by thinking that someone might want to stalk me if they knew he was out of the country. Just go with me on this thing. I admit my weirdness. I own it.
- I took a camera on my walk Wednesday morning as I had mentioned I would on Monday, but, as predicted, I did not see one animal. Not one. Not even one of the 257 bunny rabbits I normally see. This morning, however, sans camera I saw a huge jack rabbit and a road runner.
- I sang and danced along (sort of) with Demi Lovato while she performed on the Good Morning America Summer Concert Series this morning so I could see if it’s really possible to dance like that and sing at the same time and not get noticeably winded. These are things I need to know. Never mind the fact that I’m about 30 years older than Miss Lovato, my scientific experiment convinced me that she has a coach that works with her on looking fresh even though she is obviously dying up there.
- I’ve accomplished a lot of work. I wrote two articles and sent them in to my editors, conducted a women’s ministry leadership meeting, taught our MOPS discussion group leaders how to lead discussion groups, began preparing for my Bible study next week, and participated in a video web cast with Mary Kassian on biblical womanhood. I didn’t, however, blog. When you have a splitting headache (due to allergies because we get a second blooming in Arizona at this time of year due to the monsoon), you can only spend so much time in front of the computer screen without exploding.
- I’ve caught up on all my favorite TV shows – reruns of Without a Trace, The Middle, Jeopardy, and a variety of cooking shows – because, unlike when you’re glaring at a computer screen, you can lie down when you watch the TV screen.
Have a great weekend! I’ll try to post a little more consistently next week. 🙂