Today I’m travelling to Independence, Ohio!
I almost always travel with my dear friend and ministry assistant Kim or some other sweet helper to these speaking engagements.
|Me and Kim visiting with Ruth Cowles,
Women’s Ministry Director at Olathe Bible Church in
Olathe, Kansas, last spring.
In the past I’ve also been accompanied by my husband James, my daughter Abby, my mom Louise or some other sweet friend. But this time I’m flying up to the top of Ohio into brand new territory all…a…lone.
And I’m not trying to make anyone feel guilty or bad for me by letting you in on this little tidbit. It just turned out this time that I would need to venture out solo. And, hey! God knows what He’s doing. He’s got my back on this. I’m totally confident of that. But I did want to ask you to say an extra little prayer for me as I try to manage all the travel details and my speaking assignment and my resource table all by my lonesome.
Not that I’ll be left on my own completely, mind you. I’ve been assured that the good ladies of Community Church of Portage Lakes will be right there at my beck and call to help me out, and I have no doubt that that will prove to be true. I’m always so blessed by the amazing graciousness shown to me on these trips. And I absolutely cannot wait to meet Traci, the coordinator, and her team. These women-who-minister-to-women always bless my socks (or tights) off!
Any hoo…’cause this is not all about me, mind you…would you please be praying for the women of Community Church as we gather this weekend for their annual women’s retreat in Independence, Ohio? We’ll be learning about how our hungry souls get us in all sorts of trouble and how God’s mighty, powerful and true Word can get us out of that trouble. We’ll be learning how to be Satisfied…at Last!
- the women to come to the retreat more keenly aware of their hungry souls
- them to come teachable and approachable
- the leadership team to accomplish their roles and then sit back and soak in
- smooth transportation for me and the ladies
- me to present clear, biblical and relevant messages
- for Holy Spirit controlled communication between us all
- for his Spirit to be in our midst all weekend long, speaking clearly to each of us
- for lives to be changed…including my own!